PERSONAL WATERCRAFT REGULATIONS
HOURS OF OPERATION:
- Must not be operated from 1 hour before sunset and until after 8:00 a.m.
- Those born after 12-31-78 must have a Boating Safety Certificate, must be 14 years old or more unless they had a Safety Certificate before 1-1-99.
CHILDREN UNDER 7 YEARS OLD:
- Must be accompanied by parent or guardian.
150 FT RULE:
- A person shall not cross within 150 ft. behind another vessel (except another personal watercraft) that is traveling at greater than no-wake speed.
- They (PWC’s) must not be operated in water less than 2 feet.
- Persons operating, riding on, or being towed by personal watercraft must wear an approved flotation device.
- This is a very abbreviated list of regulations. You need to be aware of other important sections of the Michigan Marine Safety Code. Take a boating safety course designed for both young people and adults. Learn how to be a qualified boater.